Purpose

I'm now on my fourth blog. I find myself missing the reflection that writing each day for a year promoted. 2013's goal is to write my book. Keep track of my progress as I pursue the dream of being a published writer.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Muse

I go back to work tomorrow and for the first time, I don't feel like the world may end.  I'm actually kind of excited to see my students.  I think sometimes I get bogged down in the issues and forget to enjoy how amazing some of these kids are.  I'm going to try to focus more on those moments rather than the negative ones.

Thinking about my kids today caused a few other thoughts to swim through my mind.  First, what if I start a writer's club.  It would be very simple.  Each Thursday students that want to write can join me at recess and we will all just write.  It won't be a class, but just a workshop for those that have big ambitions like I do.  I know a few of my students want to write books/comics and I can open it up to all 5th graders.  It would force me to write which is always good.

The second thought was one that I've had before.  Maybe I really should write children's literature.  I remember when I was thinking about participating in the national novel writing month I mentioned it to my students.  They said I should write a book about them, lol.  I don't know if I want to do that, but I would enjoy writing a book that they would read.  I'm going to think about this idea a little more before I commit to it.  

All of this stemmed from finding out something about one of my very special students.  She is going to face some changes and challenges this year.  I feel inspired by her because the word she picked for her resolution is publish.  I think we might have to be a team that pushes each other to reach our goals.  Through that, I am hoping I can help her with her struggles as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment